Safelincs Free Extended Warranty
Safelincs offers its customers a free minimum 5 year warranty on essential fire safety products. Many of the extended warranties are exclusive and only available from Safelincs.
The products covered by the minimum 5 year warranty are:
- Phoenix fire safes
- Sentry fire safes
- Burton fire safes
- Portable fire extinguishers are covered by a minimum 5 year warranty, some models even have a 10 year warranty
- Smoke alarms have a minimum warranty of 5 years, some even 10 years.
- Carbon monoxide alarms have a warranty of at least 5 years (some even up to 10 years)
- Anti-arson letterboxes
- Emergency lighting
- Dorgard fire door retainers
- Geofire Agrippa fire door retainers
- Overhead fire door closers have a 5 year warranty, some even have a 10 year warranty
- Fire exit door hardware benefits from a 5 year warranty, some even have a 10 year warranty
- Fire extinguisher stands and cabinets
- Fire escape ladders
The above warranties are underwritten by Safelincs. Claims against the warranties need to be made through Safelincs. You do not have to fill in the manufacturer's warranty forms to qualify for our warranties.
Our free extended warranties do not restrict your statutory rights in any way
Covered by our warranties are:
- Manufacturing defects
- Product defects resulting from manufacturer’s design errors
- Damages resulting from the incorrect handling of a product
- Defects due to a lack of maintenance
- Repairs or modifications carried out by the customer or third parties
- Defects caused by fire or smoke (please refer in such cases to our ‘free replacement after fire policy’)
- Installation in an unsuitable location
- Excluded is any consequential damage caused by the products or their malfunction
- We will not cover the cost of installation of replacement components supplied as replacements under this warranty.
Special Notes to product groups:
To be covered by our warranty fire extinguishers must be installed, serviced and periodically refilled in accordance to the manufacturer’s instructions. Any replacement components fitted in the process of maintenance are not covered by our warranty. Accidental damage and misuse of the fire extinguishers are also not covered
5 year warranty:
The warranty extends 5 years from the date of purchase up to, but exclusive of, the first extended service due after 5 years
10 year warranty: The warranty extends 10 years from the date of purchase up to, but excluding, the second extended service due after 10 years.
What happens if a customer discovers a product fault?
Claims against our warranties must be made through Safelincs.
- Please contact Safelincs with your invoice number and inform us about the defect. We will discuss the case with you and will agree on a solution for you. You might be asked to provide photos before we can establish the best way forward.
- We will either arrange free repair/free replacement for your product or request the return of your product for further analysis. This choice is at Safelincs’ discretion.
- Should Safelincs ask for a product back for further analysis or repair, we will arrange for the transport and the subsequent return.
- Should a product be returned to us without being defective, we will return the unit to the customer at cost.
The warranty still applies; the goods, however, must be sent to us at the customer's expense for repair or replacement and the return shipment must be paid for by the customer.